Kaufen Sie gefälschte deutsche Pässe Deutschland.


Update 06.04.2023

What do I need to know?

Having a driving licence can be very useful. For those who live in a village or a small remote city without proper access to public transport, in particular, obtaining a driving licence and often purchasing a car is necessary. In this chapter, you can learn how to get a German driving licence or transfer (“Umschreiben”) the driving licence you have obtained from your home country. There will also be some tips on how to avoid losing your driving licence.

What do I need to know?

Is my driving licence valid in Germany?

To drive in Germany, in principle, you need a driving licence issued in Germany or another EU country. Driving licences from non-EU countries are only valid for six months in Germany. This means that you are only allowed to drive in Germany with a driving licence from your home country for the first six months. The period begins with your first police registration (“polizeilichen Anmeldung”) in Germany. You must always carry your driving licence with you when driving.

You must also have a translation of your driving licence into German with you. The translation must have been done by a German or internationally recognized automobile club or an authority in your home country or by a sworn translator. You can find sworn translators at No translation is required for driving licences issued from the following countries: Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Andorra, Hong Kong, Monaco, New Zealand, San Marino, Switzerland and Senegal. You don’t need a translation for international driving licences either.

At the end of these six months,

you need to transfer your driving licence (“Umschreibung”) if you wish to continue driving. You can read more about the transfer process in the section “Where and how can I have my driving licence transferred?”

If you are only visiting Germany, you are allowed to drive with the driving licence you have obtained in your home country or an international driving licence. Keep in mind that you must always have your driving licence with you when driving. You can read more (in English and German) on the website of the Federal Ministry of Transport and Digital Infrastructure (BMVI).

Please note: During your asylum procedure, BAMF keeps all your documents and often returns them only at the end of the procedure. You are not allowed to drive as long as your driving licence is held by the BAMF.

How and where can I register my driving licence?

If your driving licence is not issued in Germany or another EU country, you must have it transferred (“Umschreibung”) at the latest six months after your first police registration in Germany.

In order to start the transfer process, you need to apply to the local Driving Licence Office (“Fahrerlaubnisbehörde” or “Führerscheinstelle”). Depending on where you live and the number of applicants, it may take a while before they process your application. Start the transfer process before your initial six months are over to make sure you do not lose time. You can find a Driving Licence Office by using the search engine You have to go personally to a Driving Licence Office and submit various documents. Read the section “Which documents do I need for the transfer?” to find out about the required documents. Kaufen Sie gefälschte deutsche Pässe Deutschland

The Driving Licence Office then decides whether your driving licence can be transferred without a test, or you first have to take part in the theory and practical exams. Their decision depends on the country from which your driving licence has been issued. You can find a list of national driving licences, which are transferred without further tests, on If your driving licence has been issued in a country named in this list, in principle, you can have your driving licence transferred without a test. Otherwise, you often have to pass a test.

Before the exam, it makes sense to visit a driving school. Germany has numerous traffic rules and street signs. But unlike the first-timers, if you already have a driving licence issued abroad, you do not need driving lessons.

What documents do I need for a transfer?

The following documents have to be submitted along with your transfer application:

  • ID or passport
  • Registration certificate (“polizeiliche Anmeldung)”)
  • Biometric passport photo
  • Your eye test results (“Sehtest”) issued by an optician or ophthalmologist
  • Confirmation of participation in a first aid course. You can find a first aid course nearby, for instance, on ASB or Johannitern.
  • Original driving licence issued in your country of origin (handing in an international licence is not adequate). In principle, the driving licence must be translated into German by a sworn translator.
  • A statement that confirms the driving licence issued in your homeland is still valid.

Sometimes the driving licence authorities ask applicants for a certificate of good conduct (“polizeiliches Führungszeugnis”) as well. You can receive such a document from your local administration authorities or apply for it online at

Please note: If you are applying for driving licence classes other than A (motorcycles and alike) and B (Cars), you need to present some additional documents. You can learn more in this regard on the website of BMVI.

How can I obtain a German driving licence?

If you want to apply for a driving licence for the first time, this is what you have to do:

  • Register at a driving school (“Fahrschule”). In big cities, you can find instructors who speak other languages, including Arabic or Persian/Dari.
  • Take part in a first aid course (“Erste Hilfe”)
  • Have your eyes checked by an optician or ophthalmologist (“Sehtest”)
  • Take a biometric passport photo

If you want to apply for a licence in the categories C (lorries) or D (Buses), you need to present some additional documents. On the website of BMVI, you can find a summary of all available driving licence categories.

Please note: As someone with a “Duldung” or Temporary Stay Permit (“Aufenthaltsgestattung”), you can also apply for and obtain a driving licence.